Friday, December 16, 2011

Arctic Cat has a 1000 cc ATV, where will this end, how big is too big?

Arctic Cat Thundercat 1000 H2 4x4, msrp $10,499


I believe 1000 cc's is too big for any ATV, and every year, someone makes one bigger, when wil this end? 2000 cc's?


To me a 400 cc 4x4 ATV is big and powerfull enough for anybody!|||look at bikes then, i can remember when 750 was a huge superbike, now there are 1600cc crusiers that are more closely related to 2 wheeled volkswagens.





the bloated montrosities will go the way of the dinosar and die. bike are lithe, sleek and squirty, not nearly 500kg monsters destinied to squash their owners when they try to put them on the centre stand|||tom and dick need i say more

Report Abuse


|||Bigger is always better when it comes to motorcycles. I am waiting till next year to upgrade my Polaris Sportsman 800 to the rumor of their 1000cc quad. I cant wait! I dont think I would ride a POS like a Artic Cat with a 1000cc motor but a Polaris I will.|||My personal thought is that you must be a democrat. You have found that a 400 is probably on the large side of what you can handle soooo anything bigger is BAD. Who really cares if they made a 2000cc quad? The manufacturers build what is requested because that's where the money is. I bet you were shocked when they offered a 175cc because it was "TO BIG".|||I built my quad out of a 1986 chevy blazer, it took me about a month and 1/2 of fabricating, but now i have a bada$$ quad





specs:





350 4 bbl


full locking 4wd


33-10.50 15 tires


custom fenders


king%26amp;queen seat from a 1977 honda GL





it's awesome, i built a roll cage for it, and i have foot straps for the floorboards in case i roll it over....





the best part is it's still titled as a 1986 chevy K5 blazer, so i just put the plates on it, and drive it wherever i want to..on or off road





(northeast ohio laws are very flex)





the downside is that the darn thing still only gets about 10 mpg|||I've been thinking of jumping on the bandwagon myself. Maybe building ones with crate engines like Boss Hoss does with their motorcycles.





I think there is a market for an ATV with a ZZ502 Big Block Chevy powering it.





Just kidding.





But seriously, if people will buy it, they will build it. It will follow the same path as motorcycles and snowmobiles. They will keep getting bigger and bigger and more expensive as long as they can sell them.





This is the key, the profit on a $10,000 ATV is a lot more than the profit on a $5000 ATV.|||a 1000cc engine is not to big at all. However that monstrous POS they stuck it in is WAY to big with an over 700 pound dry weight. And is most likely a turd to ride at that weight and size. However i'm all for a retuned for torque 1000cc sportbike inline 4 cylinder in a 475 pounds or less package. Just imagine that sucker screaming through the countryside and what it could do in a desert race with a skilled rider. And please make it available with a manual trans.

No comments:

Post a Comment